The Neuroscience and Psychology of Personal Transformation <br> 10 CE Hours Available
July 14 - 16, 2017
Friday - Sunday, 2 nights
Plus 2 nights all-inclusive accommodations priced separatelyRegistration Closed
10 CE Hours Available
The seeds of happiness are always within you. Join the author of Uncovering Happiness and The Now Effect, clinical psychologist Elisha Goldstein, for a transformative experience of how to help your patients/clients and create lasting personal transformation and grow happier—naturally and sustainably.
Learn the step-by-step principles and practices that nurture the brain’s natural antidepressants, especially the practice of mindfulness, one of the most important elements. An increasing body of research shows that mindfulness can help our patients/clients heal stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, and chronic pain.
Though mindfulness is the foundation for Elisha’s work, you also learn the science behind other contributors and critical components of happiness to help you thrive and live a fulfilled life.
In this experiential workshop, you will learn:
- Demonstrate the depressive loop and the unhealthy habits that continue to fuel it for patients/clients/students
- Conduct mindfulness practices that help patients/clients turn the volume down on rumination and open up spaces for greater choice and perspective
- Summarize the therapeutic benefits of mindfulness, self-compassion, compassion and play to patients/clients.
- Practice exercises to elicit the natural anti-depressant effects for self-compassion, compassion and play to foster healing when sliding into a depressive relapse.
- Identify precautions, contraindications, or modifications needed for applying mindfulness and self-compassion when depressed
- Explain the latest research regarding Mindfulness, self-compassion, compassion, play and mastery in respect to Depression.
With a unique ability to make complex concepts simple, Elisha will help you to expand your patient’s/client’s capacity to nurture a stronger and healthier brain and open up to joy, love, self-compassion, and a greater sense of happiness.
Elisha Goldstein, PhD
Cofounder of The Center for Mindful Living
Elisha Goldstein is a clinical psychologist and cofounder of The Center for Mindful Living in Los Angeles.
An author and speaker who synthesizes essential concepts from traditional psychotherapy with mindfulness to achieve mental and emotional healing, Dr. Goldstein designed the breakthrough program Mindfulness at Work for eMindful.com, which has been recognized by the National Business Group on Health for its success with stress management. He also codeveloped CALM (Connecting Adolescents to Learning Mindfulness) with his wife Stefanie Goldstein, PhD.
His unique ability to make complex concepts simple has led to speaking engagements nationally and internationally for mental-health professionals, educators, business leaders, and lay audiences. He has spoken at the UCLA Mindfulness and Psychotherapy Conference; Psychotherapy Networker; FACES Conferences; Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC); and many others.
Dr. Goldstein is the author of Uncovering Happiness, The Now Effect, and Mindfulness Meditations for the Anxious Traveler, as well as coauthor of A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook and MBSR Everyday.View Bio Page
Learn effective tools for tapping into your natural antidepressants so you can easily access greater happiness, connection, and joy.
Discover the many gifts of mindfulness as a practice with potent physical, mental, and emotional effects that can transform stuck aspects in your life and open up refreshing new outlooks.
Explore the top 10 guideposts to making happiness come alive and how to start implementing them
Understand the critical nature of play for adults and how to rediscover its powers in daily life.
Experience greater energy and confidence to pursue new possibilities in your habits, relationships, and approach to life.
Things to Know/Schedule
Friday, July 14
7:30 PM – 9:00 PM: Welcome and Introduction
Saturday, July 15
6:30 AM – 7:45 AM: Yoga and Meditation
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM: Breakfast
8:30 AM – 11:30 AM: Mindfulness and Self- Compassion
11:30 AM – 1:30 PM AM: Lunch
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Uncovering Purpose & Play
Sunday, July 16
6:30 AM – 7:45 AM: Yoga and Meditation
7:00 AM – 8:30 AM: Breakfast
8:30 AM – 10:30 AM Developing Confidence
Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors, Substance Abuse Counselors, Occupational Therapists, Nurses. All Levels.
This course has been approved for 10 CE hours for qualified participants. To learn how and where to apply, click HERE.
Cancellations and Refunds
If You Cancel
- If you cancel 14 or more days prior to your arrival date, payments made will be refunded in full (less a $50 processing fee).
- If you cancel between 13 days and 1 day prior to your arrival date, a nonrefundable credit (less a $50 processing fee) will be held for one year from the date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on your arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave a program or event early.
- No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
If 1440 Multiversity Cancels
On rare occasions, due to unforeseen circumstances, 1440 Multiversity may need to cancel a program. Should this circumstance arise, you will receive a full refund.
For questions or concerns, please email [email protected], Programming Department.
About 1440 Multiversity
Beautifully nestled in the California redwoods near Santa Cruz, our 75-acre campus is within easy reach of San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
1440 Multiversity is a place to spend time engaging some of life's most meaningful personal questions and to enjoy, restore, and reenergize yourself as you do it.
You'll find new energy through immersion learning—setting aside daily urgencies and dedicating uninterrupted time to focus on important, but often elusive, priorities. Our unique collaboration with world-class faculty coupled with an original, inspirational curriculum and magnificent grounds make this a place like no other. Add in fresh, redwood-scented air, delicious and healthy food, deep reflection, fun exercise, and good sleep and you've pretty much captured what you'll experience here.
At 1440 Multiversity, you’ll find a wide range of accommodations to meet your preferences and budget. All of our rooms have been thoughtfully designed to provide comfort, promote reflection, and foster connection with others.
Accommodation rates include more than just the bed you sleep in.
Per-person per-night rates include:
- nourishing locally sourced, seasonal meals
- daily meditation and yoga classes
- non-ticketed evening events
- use of all facilities, including the Fitness Center, steam rooms, and infinity-edge hot tub.
Guests also enjoy access to woodland trails, cafés, and shops.