Optimize Your Vinyasa Practice
Power, Precision, and Mindfulness
September 1 - 3, 2017
Friday - Sunday, 2 nights
Plus 2 nights all-inclusive accommodations priced separatelyRegistration Closed
Join Jason Crandell—named one of the top yoga teachers of the next generation by Yoga Journal—for a vinyasa weekend of power, precision, and mindfulness.
Jason will systematically guide you through all of the regions of your body in an organized, comprehensive way, building greater depth, intelligence, and sustainability in your flow practice for years to come.
Each session will begin with a discussion of related anatomy, injury prevention, and philosophical precepts, then move into an educational and satisfying flow practice. You will experience:
- Strong + Integrated Core: Developing strength and awareness in your core is not only flattering, it sets the stage for greater depth, steadiness, and ease in the rest of your practice. In this workshop you’ll learn how to strengthen and integrate your mid-section in creative, effective, lasting ways. You can expect a thorough, intelligent sequence that includes plenty of abdominal work, inversions, twists and side-bends.
- Open + Strong + Balanced Shoulders: Use your scapulae more effectively and release chronic tension in your neck and upper back. This workshop will provide you with a sound, rational approach for keeping your shoulders safe and balanced in vinyasa yoga. In this flow practice, you will see how slight modifications to common postures like chaturanga, cobra, and upward-facing bow can keep you and your students safe. You’ll also learn several new postures that will keep this region safe and sound.
- Open Hips + Free Spine: Tap into understanding the relationship between your pelvis and spine as the key to a long, healthy practice. Understanding the relationship between your pelvis and spine is the key to a long, healthy, and satisfying practice. This workshop will demystify the complexity of these regions and provide you with an organized, accessible way to cultivate long lasting balance in your hips and spine. You’ll enjoy a long, thorough practice that strengthens and stretches each muscle group of the pelvis and takes your spine through its entire range of movement. You’ll delve into a balanced array of hip-openers, standing poses, backbends, forward bends, twists, and side-bends.
- Arm Balances: Learn the foundational components of nearly every arm balance in contemporary yoga. Bakasana, vasisthasana, handstand and their many variations form the foundation of nearly every arm balance in contemporary yoga. When you refine the actions of these postures—and learn to stay calm when practicing them—many of the more complex arm balances become accessible. In this practice, you will learn to categorize various arm balances into approachable groups and learn how to prepare for them. You’ll get to explore these postures and many of their common—and uncommon—variations. Expect an educational sequence and a full, satisfying practice.
Jason will introduce creative, effective ways to integrate your mid-section into your practice as well as demystify the complexity of anatomy. Throughout the workshop, you will explore postures in many of their common and uncommon variations and experience sequences that will transform your practice—and its effects—for a long time to come.
Yoga teacher and author
Jason Crandell is a vinyasa yoga teacher who offers accessible, grounded classes that integrate the best elements of power yoga, anatomical precision, and mindfulness teachings. Considered a “teacher’s teacher,” Jason has taught on countless teacher training faculties, leads trainings globally, and regularly presents teacher training content at esteemed conferences.
Yoga Journal named Jason “one of the teachers shaping the future of yoga,” and his primary teacher, Rodney Yee, said, “Jason is taking the art of teaching yoga to its next level.” He is also a contributing editor and writer with Yoga Journal, and has written more than 25 articles.
His approach to vinyasa yoga is articulate and down-to-earth, focused on supporting students on their path of practice and self-inquiry.View Bio Page
Optimize your yoga flow practice by developing your understanding of anatomy and learning to perform postures in ways that affect, support, and work for your body.
Become re-inspired in your practice through creative, mindful yoga flows designed to bring greater awareness to your body and your potential.
Expand your experience with vinyasa yoga with one of the most influential yoga teachers, guiding you deeper into your practice in ways that will impact you for a long time to come.
Expand your toolkit for keeping your yoga students, and yourself, safe with slight modifications to common postures as well as creative variations and new postures.
Things to Know/Schedule
Download a sample schedule.
About 1440 Multiversity
Beautifully nestled in the California redwoods near Santa Cruz, our 75-acre campus is within easy reach of San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
1440 Multiversity is a place to spend time engaging some of life’s most meaningful personal questions and to enjoy, restore, and reenergize yourself as you do it.
You’ll find new energy through immersion learning—setting aside daily urgencies and dedicating uninterrupted time to focus on important, but often elusive, priorities. Our unique collaboration with world-class faculty coupled with an original, inspirational curriculum and magnificent grounds make this a place like no other. Add in fresh, redwood-scented air, delicious and healthy food, deep reflection, fun exercise, and good sleep and you’ve pretty much captured what you’ll experience here.
At 1440 Multiversity, you’ll find a wide range of accommodations to meet your preferences and budget. All of our rooms have been thoughtfully designed to provide comfort, promote reflection, and foster connection with others.
Accommodation rates include more than just the bed you sleep in.
Per-person per-night rates include:
- nourishing locally sourced, seasonal meals
- daily meditation and yoga classes
- non-ticketed evening events
- use of all facilities, including the Fitness Center, steam rooms, and infinity-edge hot tub.
Guests also enjoy access to woodland trails, cafés, and shops.