Why Intuition Is the Language of the Soul
We’re all born aware, with a deep sense of inner knowing.
It’s one of the greatest gifts we possess, keeping us connected to our higher selves, the Universe, and the Divine spirit. We’re all equipped with an intricate and highly tuned inner guidance system, which helps us regularly tap into our intuitive abilities. Receiving psychic information is all about energy. Everything is made up of energy—people, places, and even objects store it—so we can receive and read information by means of our intuitive senses.
Being intuitive is similar to the way a television works: We all know that we can’t actually see TV signals beaming through the airways, yet we’re aware that they’re being transmitted. Our TV sets receive these signals, and they’re decoded to form a picture on our screens. The same rule applies when it comes to intuitive energy: We receive information constantly through our psychic senses, and the result, once this data is descrambled, is an impression or feeling that we didn’t perceive through our usual physical senses. Now you’ll understand why I love the words of Yogananda: “We are electrical beings with intelligence.” As we learn to recognize when our intuition is speaking to us, we hone our skills in deciphering the signals that push us forward to follow our soul’s guidance.
Your intuition is actually speaking to you always, but most of the time you may not even be aware of it.
Ask yourself the following questions:
1. Have you ever thought of someone you haven’t heard from in a while, and out of the blue you receive a surprise phone call or suddenly bump into him or her on the street?
2. Have you ever had a hunch that you didn’t follow, only to regret it later because it turned out to be correct?
3. Do you know on the spot if you like or dislike someone?
4. Have you ever been certain of the outcome of a situation or event before it happened?
5. Have you ever simply guessed a person’s occupation, as opposed to allowing your conscious interpretation of their appearance, speech, or mannerisms to affect your opinion?
6. Do you have vivid or prophetic dreams?
7. Do coincidences and synchronicities keep appearing in your life?
If you answered yes to some of these questions, it shows that you’re already aware of your intuition. It’s important to realize that these are just a few examples of what being intuitive is all about.
Most of the time people don’t acknowledge this power when it’s trying to get our attention because we simply don’t trust our inner guidance without facts or logic to validate it.
Many of us still look upon intuition as something totally mysterious or even ethereal.
A reporter once asked me, “John, with all the negativity that exists around the world, why would I want to be intuitively sensitive and pick up on these things?”
I nodded in recognition of such a thoughtful question and replied, “I totally understand where you’re coming from, but don’t you see that by choosing not to learn and accept that we’re all sensitive beings, capable of living with our soul’s higher awareness, we’re choosing to shut off all the good and beauty that can be felt within the world and each other? We are, and always will be, connected to everyone and everything.”
A few weeks later, I was teaching one of my regular workshops on developing your intuition and psychic strengths, and I noticed that the reporter had registered and was sitting right there at the front. I guess I wasn’t too surprised!